Our Careers Leader is Ms K McAnally
Careers Drop In sessions every lunchtime will start after October Half term. For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance
At Litherland High School, we have a whole School approach to careers with all staff supporting the delivery of CEIAG within all curriculum areas and also through the pastoral system.
We are pleased to announce that we are working towards the Gatsby Benchmark as is the expectation from the Department for Education, the Local Authority and also ourselves as a school.
The eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance
One of the main focuses at Litherland High School is to ensure that students are equipped with the knowledge, skills and attributes to progress onto further education and eventually into their chosen professions. The emphasis is on practical tasks and a curriculum that is adapted to suit the needs of our learners. We have a whole school approach, with Careers embedded within the curriculum.